Staying Safe This Halloween
31st October 2018
Happy Halloween everyone! It's that time of the year again where we're celebrating Halloween. Everyone celebrates Halloween differently. Kids will no doubt want to be out dressed up, going around the local villages and towns in Weymouth and Portland for some trick or treating.
It’s important to make sure that your kids are safe when out trick or treating this Halloween so we’ve compiled a quick list of tips to make sure you stay safe:
- Make sure you have a parent or guardian with you in your group, even if it is an older brother or sister
- Never go out alone
- Never enter a strangers house
- It’s always a great idea to plan ahead where you’re going. This is useful for you and for the parents if they’re not going with you
- If you have a phone or access to a phone make sure it’s fully charged before going out
- Try to avoid main roads
- If you think you’ve been given some sweets or chocolate that appear to have been opened, discard them
- Wrap up warm! It’s the end of October and it’s cold out there
- If heading out when it’s dark, make sure the area and route is well lit (take a torch if you have to)
- Remember that not everyone wants to celebrate Halloween. So don’t be offended if they have no sweets or don’t answer the door
Hopefully the tips above help keep you safe this Halloween. Have a great Halloween no matter what you’re doing!